pregnancy

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Thirty's around the corner

I started looking for a venue since the beginning of the year. It isn't going to be easy booking a space on New Year's Day itself so I had better start cracking early. We went from PS Cafes to The White Rabbit to Mimo and Riders Cafe. I was bent on the throwing the party at Fairways Drive Green where Mimo stood. With its casual setting and horse stables, families will be easily accommodated. There were even plans for kiddy rides on ponies. Alas, my hopes were dashed when Marmalade Pantry took over and renovated the Alice in Wonderland concept of the whole restaurant. My guests were supposed to step into May's Wonderland with Brunch and Dessert Buffet. All fairy-tale and dreamy.

Instead of housing seventy guests, we will now be expecting thirty (including mj) in four days at Salt Grill and Sky Bar by Luke Mangan. That works out well too, making it more meaningful with the numbers don't you think?

The Dining Room

Invitations Checked
RSVPs Checked
Welcome Drink Checked
Entrees Checked
Main Courses Checked
Desserts Checked
Muslim Friendly Menu Checked
Preggers Menu Checked
Table Settings Checked
Baby Chairs Checked
Flora Centerpieces Checked
Photographer Checked

Problem is, I am at wits' end about the program and the birthday cake! Should I have a program? Should I have a birthday cake? My husband's saying YES but I can't think of anything now that we are ninety-six hours away.

Till then, I hope I've raised your hopes towards a perfect New Year's Day luncheon! If there isn't going to be a cake or program, just relish in the company and celebrate the start of a new year together! My Treat! *smiles*

Invitation Gifts in time for Christmas  
The Invite

No comments:

Post a Comment