pregnancy

Tuesday 20 December 2011

The Effects of a Wandering Mind

It brought me places many might find whimsical or even bizarre. I am unmistakably a thinker in Myer Briggs Personality test (no matter how many times I do it). Whether I had been critically or creatively thinking, I am nevertheless in a vicious cycle of introspection. That can be pretty wearying and daunting for a thinker herself.

I have learnt quite a fair share of the Mind in my Psychology classes. Our consciousness is only the tip of an iceberg. That is why I am intimidated by the deep ocean. It is too mysterious, too doubtful. You drown if your oxygen runs out and you risk bumping into a deep-sea angler. Holy cow! That will scare my skin off! The uncertainties of the deep murky light-less waters. Discovering the truths (your fears, your selfish needs or irrational wishes) can be quite a burden.
  

Meyer is perpetually amazed by the dreams I weave and so do I! They had been pretty imaginative I must say. Some left me flabbergasted by my own creativity, some left me a wet pillow to dry, while others left my heart pounding like I had just jumped off the platform without the bungee rope. It amazes me every time when I can feel my emotions so strongly in each dream. Every dream never felt like one. I was the main lead of a real life operation. 

I lassoed a whale while I was out on a fishing trip. The whale was so strong, she threw me out of my boat into the air as I hung onto my dear life. As she struggled off the rope, swimming onwards, I was violently tossed in mid-air. With that, I felt my heart drop (mind you, consciously). I experienced a roller-coaster ride, right here at home, in my dream. It was real. That feeling. My heart literally dropped.

In another dream, I held my mother's frail hand. She was standing there, unfortunately, with a crumbling face. I cried in my dream and the next thing I know, I cried myself awake. I felt that touch. I can still feel it now.

Yet in another, *haha* I dreamt that my palm's an ultra-sound scanner. It was so real in the dream I was darn sure I hadn't been dreaming. Seriously. As I place my palm around my belly, I saw mj (may/meyer junior) smiling back at me. All fully fomed and floating in the amniotic sac. The feeling was captivating. As I move my palm around towards the genital area, I saw nuts. *hahha* Well, is a boy isn't it? My gynae replied, "girls don't have testicles do they?" It was a fun dream and I was damned to have woken up. Mind you, the scan I dreamt was in 3D like the picture below. Oh goodness me.

I saw mj

I wouldn't go on with the over-sized bullcart Meyer drove that could go on both land and water or the insanity of sleepless nights when I had been thinking too much at night. There had never been a night that I had not dream. Every night is a tiring day-out for me. Well, since I am still stuck at home *shrugs*



1 comment:

  1. I've been having dreams almost every night since I came over. Good thing Kevin does not freak out or think that I was possessed when I talk in my sleep. hah.

    Looking at both u and me, I guess that means the more time we have on hand, the more we dream? or maybe the more we got stuck at home, the more we wish to spend time out of the house.

    ReplyDelete