pregnancy

Sunday 1 January 2012

a Holiday luncheon

It is here! First of January Twenty Twelve has arrived and I'm all ready for an adventurous journey. Most definitely, the intimate luncheon today with our closest friends kicked start the year with a punch. I was grinning with excitement the whole morning. I felt healthy and kept all fainting spells locked up in my vintage chest.

Alas, all my enthusiasm were crushed when I arrived at Salt Grill with my floor plan in a mess. No, I am supposed to be seated here and Meyer's supposed to be seated there. Why are there cutleries on the child seat placements? Where are the baby chairs? Why are the appetizers and desserts on the menu all wrong? Why is there GST and Service Charge printed at the bottom of my menus? Oh gosh ...

Frowning, we had only thirty minutes to straighten things up. In the meantime, we had to re-arrange the whole seating plan because a dear friend couldn't make it to the luncheon. I had to take charge like I always do. I was back to WORK!

Oh dearie me, I cannot do it. I flustered because my pregnant brain can't work! I could not even make simple swaps to the floor plan to accommodate one less person. Meyer had to assure me that he can handle it but I am an experienced event planner! How can I not be on the floor? I had to move this chair and clear that cutlery, make sure the beverages are ready for arrival and replying dozen excited SMSes. I gave up. I sat there, upset. Not with the restaurant because I know how things can get screwed up at work especially when they had a New Year's Eve party the night before. I was disturbed by my incapabilities. What happened right?

So, I decided. The same thing I told every client when I ran their events, just enjoy. And I had a good time. The restaurant had all questions directed to Meyer. "When shall we start?", "Where are the guests with special menus seated?", etc. Thank goodness one of us brought our brain out with us. I must have locked my brain up with my spells in the vintage chest by mistake.

All's done in Meyer's efficient coordination. We gave the restaurant the go-ahead and had our friends sent up to the fifty-fifth story of Ion Orchard. My professional photographer friend is not here yet *hhahah* so Meyer stood in for the time-being *smiles*

The Setup 
Cheers on Arrival

Buddy Pris and May

Receiving Presents! 
With Shy and Nicholas and Their Very Thoughtful Gift

The Zhongs and Professional Photographer have Arrived! 
More Arrivals!

This Table is Filled
Who Didn't Write Me a Note Ah?
It was a very lovely afternoon. I do hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I turn Thirty today. Having mj, Meyer and you dear friends make Thirty a bliss to turn into. Who minds the age, wrinkles and bulge when I have two heartbeats going concurrently!

I very much needed the support you have all given me. I was stuck, lost and absolutely miserable. I had too many Whys and What Ifs swimming in my head from the beginning. Everything was dark and gloomy. I got out of it because of every one of you. mj, for one, was sent to us for a reason and I now see the light. Brighter than before.

Happy Twenty Twelve!

2 comments:

  1. lol... yes!! i was looking at the menu.. and was so curious .. why does Why is there GST and Service Charge printed at the bottom!! haa..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya they are not ready for events but still the overall experience was very good when we don't harp on the nitty gritties. That's the way to enjoy a party :)

    ReplyDelete